Skip to main content

You Must Go Through It!

The Dance of Victory

Sometimes you have to encourage yourself and remind yourself  that this too shall pass.
So, since I am writing again, I just wanted to share a letter I wrote to myself:

Dear Victorious One,
Yes, you,! You don't need to look around as if your present state of helplessness and hopelessness is going to last forever. Could I let you know that you are coming out of your lowly place and all the pain and tears you've shared have a purpose for God's greater glory at work in your life.

Yes, I hear your thoughts speak loudly to you just now, thoughts of doubts and fears that are sent to paralyze you from moving forward, but you can speak back to yourself and tell yourself, I am going to make it through this episode in my life! There is a moment when it will all be over and the screen will fade to black. The credits will roll up the screen to remind you that this episode has come to an end. There is an end coming to this period of your life...go through it and don't deny yourself the privilege of pain. Yes, there is a privilege of pain, your pain gives birthing to something glorious and new for as the pain subsides, healing takes place.

You will smile again, you will dance again, you will be free to love again and be free to embrace the new that God has worked in you.

You are the Victor at the end of it all!

Yours Sincerely,
Nekisha

Friends, I encourage you be strong and courageous  and wait on The Lord, yes wait! Don't anticipate God's next move, you can rest in His arms and Be Still...SELAH!

For the whole plan is for you to go through, don't park, don't mingle, don't nurse it, don't rehearse it, go through it, for there is the light at the end of the tunnel.

I want to share this poem written by a dear Pastor friend. I hope it blesses you as it did me.

Through My Tears

Standing is not always easy
Sometimes it requires pain
Sometimes heat seems to scorch
Sometimes you are beat by rain
Situations seem to overwhelm you
You feel afflicted without a cure
But if you listen to the One who loves you
Of this you can be sure

You will not cry forever my friend
You will waste not one tear
There is an eye upon all you do
There is a listening ear
The is a hand to rest on your shoulder
There are footsteps to guide
When your pillow is wet do no forget
In even your sleep He will abide

He will teach you the lessons for your day
He will not spare you the needed trial
He will give you what you need to succeed
Like He did because you are His child
Enemies may laugh and think you are out
Friends may love you but not lend a hand
Because of what you carry they will not tarry
Be nice ~ they just do not understand

Walk to the destiny and do not turn back
Trust the voice that speaks in your spirit
Remove the distractions and otherwise actions
To make sure that you can clearly hear it
Cry out loud and know it is okay
Birthing is often accompanied by pain
It is alright to cry ~ you will not die
Your tears are your refreshing rain

Rest now dear one you will soon be there
Rejoice and ready yourself to begin again
Enjoy the season that you were brought into
Partake of it well unto the very end
And while you do please save the seed
From the fruit of your blessed year
For they must be sown until others are grown
Like you through harvest tears and rain

Copyright 2013 Vernon D. Lloyd


Unveiled to be Transformed
-Keisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh