Skip to main content

No More Wasted Tears!

No More Wasted Tears
Let me be honest here folks, I have cried alot since 2007 and beyond because of relationships in every area of my life. Relationships tests you beyond where you are even willing to go. I have been tested in my work relationships, community and church relationships and of course love relationships. The truth is I have been tested seemingly all at once and felt on many occasions overwhelmed and at some point buckled under the pressure of it all... and then the tears flowed.

Oh, the pain of it all...there is so much pain that relationships bring. Each area brought with it, its own unique pain. I would be ashamed to write, that I was hoodwinked, bamboozled and run amok by people and their intentions of being my friend, loving me, believing that they would marry me and spend the rest of their life with me but then reality hits and for some they were only there for what I can do for them, and others just loved the sound of their own voices speaking lies and then of course, there were those who really never had good intentions after all, who never really knew what it was to be committed and be open to love.

I am a pretty decent friend, daughter,sister, and mother to one "mini-me", although not perfect, I truly love people with the purest of heart and in the last few years, one by one I have seen that people in my life have proven to be everything but what they said or appeared to be.  I have been burned and burned badly. I fell in love with someone that did not know how to love me back, and who was the master of keeping secrets and did not know how to speak truth and be honest, maybe it was his  fear, maybe it was he just didn't care, maybe it was his upbringing or maybe it was me...I settled, I trusted too much and I loved hard... I realized after finding out the truth about our relationship, it put an end to me holding on to something that was not for me...I could actually let the relationship go to the graveyard and be buried six feet under, never ever to be revived. I can let that man who really did not know to love the woman in me go and thank God that I saw that he definitely was not the man for me. God has a way of answering our prayers by exposing people's dirt, so that he lets us know that all along, despite our own choices and mistakes, that we can walk away and find better, do better, live better.

Don't get me wrong, I loved me some him, but boy, I tell you, I am happy that God showed me who he was and that I can finally let go. And it is freeing to finally let go, that I am laughing inside...

So, to all the tears, I cried, all the prayers asking God to show me and reveal to me, whether he was for me, all the words and signs I have ignored. I am happy that I know that relationships all have an expiration date. They begin and they have an end.  I have no more tears to cry, I wasted them all on people that were never intended to stay in my life, or go with me to my next level. And my next level is so much better, where promotion is a sure thing, where love is gonna be for keeps...this time!

Listen, love comes and goes, people hurt you and lie to you and you shed tears.We have cried over relationships, people and things that do not deserve our tears. The cheating boyfriend or girlfriend, the condemning mother or father, the jealous sibling or friends. We cry and cry and beat ourselves up and said why me? But could I tell you something that you really need to hear. Are you ready to hear it?
There is nothing wrong with you, nothing at all. If you have been a good friend, daughter, mother, faithful, kind and true and someone in your life abused your trust, or could not accept your love, there would be a time when you come to the end and have to move on... Move on to live life again, move on to laugh out loud, move on to find love again, move on to your better.

So friends, speak to yourself and tell yourself, NO MORE WASTED TEARS! You have cried enough in the relationship, you don't need to drop one ounce of tears in its demise, you have reached the end of it all. You can dry your eyes and let your healing flow...Better is Coming!

Unveiled to be Transformed
-Keisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh