Skip to main content

Fighting through the low moments



Life swings like a clock pendulum. Left to right, side to side, it may seem predictable but then again, as soon as you get used to one position, it quickly shifts to the next. And just as the swinging clock goes back and forth, there are those moments that you find yourself slipping in and out of happiness. 

You were sure your head will be lifted high because you purposed in your heart that you would not have any more down days but then those days appear out of nowhere...

The ebbs and flows of life causes you to cry out for help. You find it hard to pick yourself up and move on. People see you smiling, talking, and going through the usual motion but you are hurting inside and behind closed doors when no-one is looking you are a shell of yourself, you become a lump balled up on the cold tile floor, screaming for relief.  When does my pain get an expiration date? When will this process be over? 

I cried enough tears, I reminisced enough, and had conversations with myself about what I could have done better...but I really want to know when the end is near...When, when, when!!!

Then the Spirit reminded me to Look Up!

Looking to God, the author and finisher of our faith.
He is the one that would meet you right where you are in your lowly state.  He is there watching and waiting, during those moments where the memories come flooding in and the enemy is brassy enough to conjure up instant replay of images of your past and remind you of it.  

Don't allow the enemy to keep you in your low place.

A dear friend told me that we often have to trick our minds into our own happiness. We must train our minds to fight against going into those dark places, and purpose in our hearts and minds to be joyful and  to be free from Satan's plans of destruction. It takes work but it is worth it to counteract those dark days and low moments in life that come to steal our joy and imprison us in our mind, body and spirit.

The scripture below is one I read to remind me that God is with me in my low moments, he is the lifter up of mine head

 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.- Psalms 3: 3-5


What a promise to know that God is a Shield, he provides protection from harm, he is my glory, he is the one that shines his light on me and lifts up my head.

No-one is more secured, filled with hope, peace and confidence than the one who finds a shelter and refuge in God.

I almost slipped into a low moment but remembered that God is a refuge for me...I found my way to Him!

Unveiled to be Transformed
-Keisha




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh