Skip to main content

Don't Miss A Moment!

Real Ministry Opportunities are waiting on YOU!
Sometimes, we miss moments in services and our ministry meetings to do the very act of ministry.  Last night at Women's Ministry, I spoke about the need for ministry, less agendas and programs, foregoing at times all the formal stuff and allowing for real ministry. We have to meet people where they are at and take them where God wants them to be.  I recently learned that, this is a new definition of ministry, simply, meeting the people in the place of their need and taking them to where God will direct us to take them.

I shared in my address, how we have perfected church; we give the right hand of fellowship, the nice smiles, waves and the good Christian hugs. We also spend a moment to say how are you, but never wait for a response. We miss moments of ministry because we fail to discern moments when someone may need a word, prayer or an act of kindness. We have people coming to church going through the motion and have women's ministry in motion. For too long, we have only gatherings but no meaningful ministry moments. And forgive me, for I don't want to sound critical or judgemental but to really expose us to look at dealing with real issues. Many of our women are going through real issues that are only covered or dealt with from the surface. Ministry alone is not confined to the four walls of the church, it extends beyond our church services and meeting times.

I believe God wants us to put down our agendas in this season and get our hands dirty in doing real ministry work, so that another wounded soldier would not be left empty, feeling hopeless and helpless and or die! 

At the end of my talk, I encouraged the sisters to reach out to another sister, stay a moment, introduce them self along with sharing an encouraging word with them as The Lord laid on their heart. I also mentioned someone might need to connect with a sister, get their contacts and  maybe build a new relationship. As the sisters reached out, an older lady came to me and said that what I said really touched her and that she goes to church Sunday after Sunday and have been carrying so much and she doesn't feel that she can tell anybody. I saw tears ran down this woman eyes as she spoke to me. At that brief moment, I spoke life giving words into her, words that would give her hope and encouragement to know that she was not alone. You see, one thing I understand about God, is that he wants to take care of our issues for us, inasmuch he would be compelled to stop on his journey to another place to meet us where we are at, as he did for that woman thousands of years ago that suffered with an issue of blood.

Are we compelled to stop our lives for the sake of ministry of someone? Are we compelled to walk with someone through a rough season of their lives? Are we willing to spend time encouraging them in the Word and connecting with them in prayer? Are we compelled to give of our money, time and resources?  Our greatest example of real ministry defined and carried out,  is Jesus Christ, our Saviour; who compels us to love, to serve, to give and to be living epistles of God's grace and love to others.

Well, then, as the dear sister that came to me after the meeting talked and shared with me concerning her issue, she confessed that she feels like there is no-one she can trust. However, I simply admonished her that she does not have to carry that burden and deal with that issue alone, that God himself, sees her, right where she is. To make a long story short, she and I exchanged numbers as to connect well after we would have said the prayer, fellowshipped, ate the repast and move on. 

I truly believe that God will bring seasons in our lives to see whether we can prove ourself in service to Him, just like that.

So, let me encourage my friends, especially my sisters, to go a little deeper into meeting people where they are at and helping them along through our words, our deed and acts of kindness. The world still needs us to be the Light in a dark world. So, friends walk in the Light and let us make a difference in the Kingdom of God. Don't  take for granted a single moment in your life where you would cross paths with a stranger or have what we would call weird moments of interaction with someone, don't miss your moment for real ministry, as many people are depending on you, more than you would ever know!

Unveiled to Be Transformed
-Keisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh