Skip to main content

The Struggle Is Real

The vicissitudes of life may sometimes come with challenges or insurmountable tasks that we have to  face and endure from time to time. Everyone of us has had to deal with some major struggle in our lives, whether personal, family, or workplace. The struggles in life are real and it is part of our journey into our becoming who and what we need to be.

I often quote, "don't watch nuttin" in my Bahamian vernacular. Why? I realize everything is not what it seem in my or many other person's lives.

I am  currently single and I  often look at someone who is married and I think to myself, I want this for me. I want what they have because it looks picture perfect. However, in reality you may have a marriage that is being held on by a thread. You may have two individuals who are like two ships passing through the night and what they give to the world is only an illusion.Yet, I look into their world and I want what they have...I desire their struggle.....Considering, that nothing in this world is perfect, no human kind is perfect, no job or career is perfect and no relationship is perfect. I crave the former, I want to live in their world.

The struggle is real ...

As a growing christian, I come to realize how much we have made Christianity perfect...all of us who are barely sinners saved by the grace of our Saviour Jesus Christ...the only one who can  claim perfection living in a imperfect world. Yet, for many of us Christians we are living a life, where we pretend that we are the most Holy of the Holiest, but truth is God is still cleaning many of us up.  Although His blood saved us, there are so many of us who need to get delivered from out of strongholds of sin and that is oftentimes continuous work.

There are some things I wish to get rid off in my life, but it has been a struggle. Therefore in being transparent, I am a Christian but yet I got issues that I need to overcome and I am trying to change day by day...but there is work involved and then there is that place of surrender to God that I should go to and let Him do the work.

However, we have to realize that our struggles are for building us up and making us better. God wants us to be free and made whole but it is not without a process.  And the truth of the matter is, sometimes the struggles are there to keep us close to God. If we were without a struggle, a weakness or a fight. would we run to him and or draw near to Him? Some of us need the struggle to stay on our knees and face before God.

I  consider  Apostle Paul's example, when he shared about his thorn in his flesh. Yes, a weakness or  something he was daily struggling with in his life, which was a problem for him. We don't know what the thorn was, but Paul confessed that he prayed for its' removal and the answer came back to him...."My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:7-10.

The struggle remained with Paul as God wanted him to know and for us to know that we can trust in the sufficiency of Christ.

I think that many of our struggles we would want to be moved out of life would draw us away from God's Presence. If we happened to have everything under control, there would be no need to rely on God for his strength.

 However, it is good to know that we all have a struggle that makes us yearn to want to overcome and change for the better. In our struggles, we can decide that we can let God handle our issues and rest in Him and trust His answer, whether he relieves us of our struggles or gives us grace to endure them.

No matter what our struggles are...we serve a Real Big God...who is Enough! For when we are weak, He is Strong!


Unveiled to Be Transformed
Keisha
XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh