Skip to main content

Willest and Illest & Worship

Hey Readers,
God Is looking for those who
will not be afraid to seek Him.

I had this piece to write some time back, after going to a concert at local restaurant here in the Bahamas. It was a Friday night and I wanted to go out, unfortunately being single with limited friends, I did not have a choice of company, so I ventured out solo. I happened to get a seat at the Bar to get a quick bite to eat, however, to my surprise they were preparing for a concert. The band appearing was Willest and Illest, a local Reggae Band and they same to be quite popular as the restaurant began to get filled quickly.

This was the first time, I would have heard of them as well as see them perform. As I ordered a bite to eat, I made up my mind to take in the show since I was already there. Let me tell you, the place was packed to capacity, I guess the Bahamas knew something I did not know… in that this band was amazing, and was such a refreshing talent. The show was worth being utterly squeezed in at the Bar.

As an attendee in the crowd, I noticed a number of things during the night from the perspective of worship. Being in a secular arena, made me draw a comparison of the way we worship.

As the Band took the stage there was such an electrified atmosphere, the crowd was eager and waiting to hear their sound. All eyes were towards the stage and when the lead singer walked to the Mic his presence was comforting and uplifting he smiled and he begun to sing. I notice how is eyes scanned the room, making contact with his listeners, convincing them to draw in. At one point he stared at me as to say, are you feeling me, are you hearing my song, listen I've got something to say…to tell you the truth, his passionate performance convinced me that he loved what he did, the music that played he soaked in every bit, he lead the crowd in a moment of secular worship that was amazing. Both the Leader, the Band and the crowd were a part of this amazing worship experience of Reggae music

I sat there in amazement, looking at the attendees and seeing them completely involved in this performance and it took me to our Sunday Morning worship, where sometimes we don't show up until we get pumped up. When Willest showed up, he brought his passion to the forefront, he was a part of that music and it showed. The crowd who came out in full force were ready to be apart of the experience.

My mind ultimately went to worship  in our churches, how we show up on a Sunday morning  as a routine daily perhaps with no expectation of discovering a great experience. I wonder if both the Worship Leader would be in a place where their worship is not just a ritual but is very much a part of who they are. I wonder if the crowd, the congregants would be inspired  not only by the  ambiance or sound but  fuel the atmosphere throughout their personal worship.  A worship that is to lift up the Creator God, to exalt and make him large, if we all come to realize that he is our focus and corporately agree to join in chorus, in adoration and praise to our God, what amazing things can happen in an atmosphere filled with praise.

If only we could be filled to the brim with passion ignoring what is going on around us and focused on the One! If only we could encourage each other to share in the worship experience by a smile, by a touch, an aurora that the Presence of God lives inside of us…by Letting our worship show Jesus.

So, back to the band, what I learnt from Willest and Illest is that if you're gonna worship, give it your best shot, leave it all there, give everything out of yourself and enjoy the moment. I think that is what God is requiring for us in this season. He is asking for us to worship him in Spirit and in Truth. Let yourself  go in His Presence, be real before him, let Jesus be the Center of it all.

The world gives it all, so why can't we as the church, the Bride of Christ…let us be the Willest and the Illest of our generation…a generation that seeketh God, a generation that  is not afraid to worship God giving the best part of oneself…giving everything.


Unveiled to Be Transformed
Keisha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh