Skip to main content

What's Next?

Sometimes, we just need to
 Let Go & Let God
Have you ever had those moments that you find yourself merely wondering of where you should go from here? Recently, my mind has been wandering, rather frequently on what is next for me? Truth is…I have some ideas of what I want for my life but I have had some setbacks recently and I find myself thinking about how do I get from this state to the next. I have written goals, worked towards some of them and failed miserably at others. So, I begin to wonder, if my life is at a stage of cyclical repeats.  It is as I have drawn into a vortex that is puling me deeper into the status quo of oblivion…which is accepting what, where and who you are, do as everyone else does and simply adjust and adapt to life disappointments by the old adage "grin and bare it."

For many of us, we would accept the status quo, we won't venture out into the unknown, we won't kick against the pricks and we most certainly would not venture out of our comfort zones. But truth is, even in our comfort zones it gets rather uncomfortable. We get tired of the same results, every passing day.

I marvel about growth, especially when you make strides for your own personal development. You would come up with opposition. Those naysayers, who were sent to be the obstacles to your success. They would tell you it's not time yet,  or wait another year or so; or  they would convince you that you don't have the monies to do that. The most popular question from the naysayers are, Are you sure you can do this? Do you think you are ready? All of which gives a staggering blow to your confidence and dreams. Don't get me wrong, some of these questions are good to ensure you think things through but most of the times the world is hell bent on keeping you in that proverbial box in which very few dare to take risks to launch out into their dreams.

Most of the time your mind leads the way, by replaying a list pessimistic reasons of why you can't and won't succeed. It is the retooling and retraining of your mind that is needed to get you to push beyond the current and prevailing sense of pessimism. I Can't has to turn into I Can. I Don't has to turn into I Will!. Some people may say it is just that simple but it isn't. Many of us have lost to the pressures of life. We have watched too many closed doors slam in our face and we tried to help ourselves and end up failing.

Ok, I forgot where I was going with this blog…

Well, let me say this finally, there is always a "Next" to look forward to, a next hurdle, a next mountain of disappointment.

However, there is also joy, blessings, and gifts that life offers to us along the way.
My only question to you is what would you decide to focus on?

Would it be the many failures or disappointments, or your successes and joys?

My next would be filled with highlighting the good things about my life. Such as the mere pleasure I have in serving my country and working in my church. I spent a lot of time putting others before me through service and giving, even when I don't have enough for me. The work that I do with young people in various capacities are some of my greatest joys, as I see some of them decide to make a change and work towards being better. I think the world needs better and we have to put significant time in with our youth.

My next would be focused on bettering myself, even after great failures in my life. I know most recently, I tried something different and it was not what I had expected. It was not the right fit for my life and it ended abruptly in a bad way but I was proud that I had stepped out and gained insight along the way about me,  and what were my expectations. I also learned about what the world expected of me. In this regard, there is some things I just could not surrender and give in to and that is speaking truth to power. So, I'd moved from  that bad place seeking to discover other new things that I can undertake and not let a bad experience destroy my hope.

My next will be that of counting my blessings, no, I never did get my promotion, nor that pay raise but despite it all God took care of me and provided for me. My faith is a constant reminder that with my hope and trust in God, it will all work out for my good.

The next step, chapter or season in our lives should be something that we are all willing to embrace, despite our challenging moments. However, if you are still healthy and living, you still have a ways to go, as purpose and dreams don't die because of one bad episode in your life…you just gotta keep pushing forward.

So…what does your next look like?

Unveiled to Be Transformed
Keisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh