Skip to main content

Mean It!

 


Hello, is this thing on?🎤

Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows.

It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself. 

Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!  

Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm.

More for my life!

My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal.

I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before.

I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more.

I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential standpoint that many people on a self-love tangent boast about. 

The more I seek is to become better!

Let me expound in this manner:

I fell in love with butterflies because of their story, and their transformation process..starting from a mere egg to a caterpillar that forms into a chrysalis and later after metamorphosis breaks out as a butterfly. This whole process allowed me to understand my evolution. My journey in and through life is revealing something new and different.  The person that is currently here and now is not the same as  5 years ago or even 5 days ago. 

Today, I am a woman evolving and serious about her growth. A woman who is determined to build and create a powerful legacy. A woman who seeks substance and aspires to pursue truth and live a grace-filled life in obedience to God.

I celebrate my evolution, as I am becoming so much more .

 I have dubbed it my "intentional season."

I am living and intentional about life

I am giving and intentional about service

I am desiring and intentional about love and being found

I am learning and intentional about being a vessel of empowerment and change

I am seeking and am intentional about finding what I need.

I am intentional about going after God with everything that I am and what I have.

This season, my walk is different, my speech is different, and my attitude and perspectives are different.

There comes a time when you have to mean it. For many, our words are not our bond and our actions certainly do not speak louder than our words.

Being intentional is being purposeful and meaning to follow through.

Mean the very thing that you have dreamt about

Mean your commitment

Mean your passion

Mean you will not allow negativity and messy people to detract from or ruin your day

Mean your pursuit of knowledge and wisdom

Mean your sincerity

Mean your walk in faith and your belief and knowing of God.

The world is experiencing a whole lot of crazy. It is full of trouble, disappointments and setbacks, nevertheless you must mean to go on and mean to go through.

Oh!  One piece of real advice I want to offer... Don't be afraid of the struggle, as it comes when you wholeheartedly go in and declare your intentionality.

It is the struggle and the process that defines who you become and solidifies who you intend to be. 

Think Butterflies.🦋🦋🦋


Unveiled to be Transformed

XOXO

Keisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh