Skip to main content

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die.

One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with.

I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim.

On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve.

Geesh! What is it with us humans? Especially, we as women, who love to take on projects and think we are Saint Joan-of-Arc. We are not called to be fixers, but we are called to live out our purpose.

Someone reading this needs to hear this word, "You are not GOD"!

I mean that, so it is worth repeating...YOU ARE NOT GOD!

I am telling myself daily that I have to stop trying to help.

I must stop trying to fix things; people, places, relationships, all of the above.

I must relinquish these missions that I get myself involved in, trying to accomplish some intrinsic satisfaction that I believe is for the greater good of mankind. It is my reasoning that begins with me making space for stuff that is not making space for me.

Recently, I found myself involved in trying to help a friend. I overextended myself and gave too much grace to someone who did not appreciate me.

I had to shine the light on this truth. That I attract hurt people, but that devil is a liar.

I used to attract hurt people.

Let me tell you this: being hurt can do a number on you, especially if you allow it to fester.

It will cause you to mistrust, become anxious, and even toxic with your words and reactions. Why?

If you are not dealing with your pain and, of course, the root of it, you will forever live in a spiral of toxic mess and project that onto whomever you meet.

There is nothing you can do to help someone who is caught in a toxic whirlpool of life. They would just keep spinning and spinning until they decided to get out of it.

People have to take personal responsibility for their actions. They must take personal responsibility for their physical, mental, and emotional well-being. All of these things matter when walking in complete wholeness and healing.

First, one must admit that they need help. They must have a desire to become better. They must consider the root of their life issues. All of these questions need answers. And these are the questions I am currently asking myself because there is so much more work to be done for me.

Beyond putting in the work, one must make mindful decisions to think about who they attract and how they treat others. Bottom line, we are responsible for the way people treat us as well as how we treat others.

Moreover, being mindful of our relationships is something that needs greater consideration as we mature in this life.

You cannot help anyone by hurting yourself.

In this dispensation of being woke, we need to be woke to the idea of safeguarding our mental and emotional space...no friendship or relationship is worth disrespect.

Do it now! Walk away from that mess!

Toxic connections are harmful to your future self. When you are involved in relationships that are more of a burden than an inspiration, you will easily be weighed down to the point of destroying yourself.

You deserve better than to allow toxicity to ruin the hope of a purposeful, whole and promising future.

For the next season of your life, focus on staying on track and maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit; you owe it to yourself to live freely.

Unveiled to Be Transformed

-Keisha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d