Skip to main content

Seasons


Seasons come and seasons go...

I sometimes pine a loss of a friendship and or loved one....the loss is not because of death but because the relationship ended. I find myself going through emotions after closing doors to relationships that went sour or south.

I love that we as humans can create friendships and bonds with one another. I absolutely  love meeting people and making new friends. I am the consummate friend. I am most likely that one  you can rely on and can depend on for whatever reason with no strings attached. My view about friendships is that one should be in it for the long haul.

However, all friendships do not last in fact, most friendships expire after it has run its course. If I am honest, I  hate the fact that I have to deal with a break up or ending a relationship. . I never intend to go into something blindly and willy nilly to just have it just end. But you are never aware of someone's true intention  in the beginning and we often ignore the obvious after a while when life is telling us that people just don't fit in our life anymore.

Sometimes friendships are only based upon  what one can do for the other person at the time and how one can get over on someone as long as they can. It is sad state today as the people needs are self-centric. Most people seek to boost  their status, have their needs met, find a buffer or sounding board and  find that person to stroke their ego to make them feel good and important, I call it  the "I need syndrome", I need you when I need you...is the sort of arrangement of the 21st-century relationships as of late.

This is a hard pill to swallow because as I grow older, it gets harder to deal with the pain of losing. I value the friendships that I have had for long periods,  I am cautious with new relationships because they seem even more fleeting and superficial. I have learned over the years that most people want something from you and when they are through with you, they are through..

I also know that every relationship is not created equal, you may get that occasionally lemon or two...or three...but these lemons don't make really good lemonade. They just leave a sour taste in your mouth....go figure!!!

However just as seasons transition... one has to deal with the ever-changing seasons of relationships...you have your winter, spring, summer, and fall. Yet all seasons have a purpose and they all signal something old being replaced by something new.

I hungrily await the new season because my old was just for a time. To be honest, I wasted so much time last season, pouring out of an almost depleted vessel. I loved just too hard and chose bad connections.

Now, I am looking at life  with fresh eyes and ahead with great expectation...out with old and in with the new!!!

The ending of a bad season can leave a bad taste in your mouth as well as cause one to be discouraged...but it can also catapult you into something new, exciting and wonderful...a season of great possibilities.

Unveiled to Be Transformed
-Keisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh