Skip to main content

Loving to Lose


Many times we find ourselves in situations where we know better not to get involved. These unhealthy relationships or connections that we seemingly attract, in which we become caught up in the newness, the glamour, and the whirlwind of emotions and find ourselves hopelessly a prisoner of love.

These relationships or connections sole purpose is to sidetrack or destroy you. I often tell myself, look, listen and learn...and pay attention as life is always trying to teach us something.

I have learned over the years how we shape our realities and future by our choices and decisions.  We engage in conversations, meetings, contracts and relationships that are  all wrong for us.

What I have not understand in my years on this earth is why? Why, when we know that if we venture in uncharted territory,  with imminent signs of danger,  we still move forward. We become the cause of our own demise. Yet over and over, we blame others for our misfortunes but we fail to blame ourselves.

I often think about my past relationships, where I found myself staying too long or making the bad choices when it comes to love. I was definitely good at being bad, choosing to love all the wrong people. I opened my heart to those who never intended to stay with me for the long haul or love me back as I loved them. So many lessons learned and so many tests failed. I just did not learn from my mistakes.

However, there is something about the human heart how it desires and yearns love that at some point when you have fallen for that one, you stop using your brain. You lead and you depend solely on your emotions or become dependent on what this new adventure offers you.

Time passes quickly and your brain pushes its way pass your emotions and eventually you become introspective and finally realize what is thing that I am doing. You failed the test again!

You were offered every chance to protect your heart, but you dove heart all in.
 I call it loving to lose.

How much of us have lost to love?
How much of us have lost time, energy, space and our common senses to the desire to be loved.

We play reckless with our heart but if our heart was the only thing that would be affected it would be alright. However, it is a little bit more complicated than that. Our lives feel the brunt of  our emotions. We have to pick up the pieces when we fall in love too fast and too quickly, or where we leapt when we should have stayed put.

What am I saying in all of this?

Guard your heart with everything you got. Don't allow yourself to be pulled away by great intentions and drawn away by the sweeter side of life, For some reason life makes love look sweet and human beings used love as a bargaining chip, or moreover a game piece. I think of a game of chess where the aim is to always protect your King. Your heart is your King and for many of us, we leave our defences open that we lose.

We lose our hearts to those who do not deserve us.

We love to lose it seems and if anything I have learned over the years of my life is what I said before, guard your heart closely. Oh! and another thing... I would advise you to choose to win.

I know it is easier said than done but we have to be intentional in loving our own selves enough, that we won't choose the worst things for our lives. Where we will choose to make better decisions and choices for our lives.

Love is a choice, and you can choose to win with Love.

I am thinking that this year, it is gonna be my winning season...

I am loving to win, not lose...

Unveiled to Be Transformed
-Kei

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh