Skip to main content

UnPlugged: Disconnect to Reconnect

Happy New Year!
GET UNPLUGGED!
I am so excited about what this new year is going to bring. Perhaps, I cannot contain my emotions within me. I bet you know how it feels to open up a great gift or receive something new, like a new pair of shoes. The thrill of the gift or that new thing sends pleasant thrills throughout your body and you burst with pride for your "new" thing.

Out with the old, in with new...
What New Years plans have you drafted?
Have you sat still long enough to craft your year out, set goals or get working on those pesky New Years Resolutions that you hardly ever keep? Have you decided about what opportunities you are going to pursue? Did you sit long enough to think all about it?

Nowadays, the hardest thing to do is to sit still and not be immersed or mesmerized by some gadget or the other. It almost seems that some device needs  your attention. The many apps on your tablets, smartphones or computers all ring in chorus calling your name, vying for your immediate attention. Hardly, we cannot consider going three minutes without checking our phones or devices. We have allowed the gadgets to distract us from what is important to us, which is making real and genuine connections. Firstly, starting with ourselves, when was the last time we connected with our own self? For this new year, have we sat long enough for our own personal introspection.
Did we write out our vision, set our goals and outline our objectives? Or were we too distracted with the latest post, and caught up liking any and everything that scrolls on our Time Lines.

Sad, to say, I have been guilty in the past!
I am not proud of being a Tech Junkie, but I know I am!
Yes, I am admitting, I have a problem, which is allowing the technology to consume me.
It has been that way for some time and now I want what is real.

It's time to Unplug!
Yes, it is time to unplug from all those devices, that held me prisoner for so long.
Therefore, I've decided to start my year off in a Digital Detox.
I am detoxing for a period of time from Social Media and other apps  that seemingly distract me.
I am going to pick up a regular phone and perhaps make a call. I am going to write someone a letter and send it through the Post Office. I am going to write notes on a notepad and brush off my bible which I stopped carrying after I got my Ipad.  I fell deeply in love with YouVersion Bible App and now I am hooked. However, I am going to take a moment to write, sit down and read my bible and go over my underlined and highlighted text of my leather-covered bible.

I am going to drive to someone's house and visit with them, perhaps carry a gift along to give. I am going to pick up a cookbook and use my gas stove and prepare an
old fashioned, home-cooked meal. See, I am beginning to yearn and long for the old sense of normal.
I miss those days...

A new year brings in new innovations and creative sparks of ingenuity. I am going to tap into my creative self and find ways to grow me, grow others and try to create the new best thing to grow my income. I want to grow this year.

In pursuit of growth, I need no more distractions. Growth calls for focused and ready people.
So, I am determined to keep the main thing, the main thing. I am determined to dream, plan, grow, give and soar. I believe that this year is definitely going to be a year of adventures.

Yes Folks it is Digital Detox time...It is time to Break!
Someone said "Disconnect to Reconnect," reconnect with all that matters,  connect with you,  your family and friends, your dreams, and all that makes your life a little more meaningful.

It is OK to turn those smartphones off.
Perhaps, you can challenge yourself and leave your devices home one day. Test your limits and challenge yourself  to deactivate, disconnect and unplug from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+. Don't just stop there, send less emails and perhaps arrange a face-to-face meeting. All these things would make your year a little bit brighter and a little bit lighter.

Run away from the noise and  do it...Get Unplugged!

Unveiled to Be Transformed
-Kei

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh