Skip to main content

Finish Strong!


FINISH STRONG
The Countdown is on to the end of this year. So many of us might be at the point of fatigue as we have endured insurmountable challenges and unexpected events that at some point now, it is beginning to take a toll on our lives.

I don't know about you but the last few days of any year seem to be the most difficult to get through.

What I've encountered in the last few days, had me considering what is going on in my life.
I am expecting Greater to happen but even in my moments of stepping into greater, I am met with challenges, fears, and the sense of loneliness and defeat.

Maybe it is just holiday nostalgia but there is a notion that we often become weakened right at the end and this weakness acts as a distraction to hinder our greater beginning.

You have to know life is never what it seems, nothing is ever made easy for us to accomplish. There is always some sort of hurdle that we have to overcome and it should not come as surprise but it often does.

Being a person of faith, you are confident that your faith is enough to sustain you but not all the times you are strong enough to deal with life's unexpected moments. However, it is in these moments you got to reach up, reach out, reach way down deep inside of you and find the strength to deal with life challenges.

I've had a bittersweet year, towards the end it got a little more sweeter, then a few days ago, I just found myself dealing with fear of uncertainties about my life, my decisions and panic set in. What if this happens? How do I deal with this situation? What if I don't make it?

Yes, the Hows and What ifs crept in and I felt burdened, even-though I know that God is orchestrating my life. He is taking me higher and causing me to venture out in deeper waters, he is doing all of that to let me know that I could trust and rely on him.

Trusting is never easy but it beats living in doubt and fear,  and that type of living is a recipe for destruction.

Many of us may have had great accomplishments during this year and that is good. It may have been the best 12 months for you. However for others, you are fighting just to get over into 2015.
I just want to let you know keep fighting, don't give up on your new day. Every chance we get to wake up, tells us we've made it on the other side of darkness for a purpose.

Don't allow the mess you had to deal with this year, keep you wallowing in it. Don't allow your fears and doubts to hold you back from chasing your dreams. Don't give up on your new day, that is right on the other side of darkness. Don't allow your pain to hold you as a prisoner. Don't let the chains of defeat keep you down.

There is still enough in you that can cause you to rise up and stand strong for your new year. A year with a new slate of possibilities. Anything can happen!

Focus on seeing your new, from an optimistic view, where you would accentuate the positive and be determined that you will end strong to start strong

Richard M. Nixon, said it this way, "Defeat doesn't finish a man, quit does. A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits."

Don't you dare quit...

Its in you to end this year stronger than you've ever been.
Keep Fighting and Pushing Ahead...
Finish Strong!

Unveiled To Be Transformed
-Keisha








Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this. Bless you! Praise the Lord! I wish you a Happy Christmas Holiday Season. I lift you up to the throne of Christ. We were not able to worship him while he laid in a manger, but may we in our hearts worship him now as He sits upon the throne. I pray that Christ be central in your heart this Christmas. It is my heartfelt prayer that this Christmas be especially blessed for you and all that you love. May it be special, memorable and may your hearts rejoice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh