Skip to main content

Dancing in the Rain (I Dare Ya!)

Take the Plunge...Just Dance!
Have you ever been dared to do something that would challenge you or test your limits?
Most of the times you either run away from a challenge because it goes beyond your comfort zone.
However, do you remember as a child you would take a dare head on.
Was it that as kids we just loved adventure, trying new things because it was exciting or is it because we just wanted to go against the odds? What happens when we become grown ups and lose our self in life? Oh, how we quickly forget that we would have dared to be bold and try new and exciting things.

I've been making progress in my growth, learning how to appreciate my newly single life. I had to come to grips that I may have lost my sense of adventure  or the will to move...maybe because it was the two of us for so long and now it is just the one...Me!

I used to do so much of the planning for date nights or the weekends. I would explore new ideas or opportunities that we can be exposed to. I would push the limits in taking on the Arts, trying new hot spots and just jumping in without even looking at new food dishes. I used to love to do the new best thing.

Now, I only wonder how do I do this alone? I could remember a time long before where it did not matter if I was in a relationship or friended up that I would plunge into the unknown. But today, I am a little afraid of the new adventure. I must admit that I've been afraid of starting all over again and learning how to appreciate myself...Single and Alone! Whew, I said it!

I don't even have the options of a cadre of friends or that real close girlfriend that is near to hang out with me. Everyone has their life and is living their normal and I would end up being the dreaded third wheel, and no one wants to be a third wheel.

Honestly, I am not saying I was stuck in the house since my breakup, I did have opportunities to  accept invitations and took on engagements that got me out of the house but other than that, I spent many of my weekends home or always in my safe spot, my favorite coffee shop, where at some point all the regulars know your name.

So, recently someone challenged me to get out again and do something new and meet new people and not because I was invited but because it was something that I wanted to do! I decided to take them up on their challenge. I must admit, I was afraid to wanna try, compete, pretend  that I loved being Single in the City. But it's time to move on to step up and out with the hopes of experiencing something different and living a life full of adventure.

Let me tell you what I did today on our Whit Monday Holiday, I jumped in my car and drove West. I stopped by family and picked up some Grilled Conch made especially for me...I drove and stopped at the Tropical Smoothie Stand, had a few brilliant conversations, took a great picture of a couple who was in love and who were very appreciative that I offered to take a shot of them. I drove some more and then the rain came down...and then I had this brilliant idea!!! When was the last time I did something wild, crazy and funny. I dared the kid in me to take the plunge and dance in the rain. I laughed on the inside and pulled my car on the side of road facing the National Stadium, turned on my hazard lights and said to myself that it was now or never. As I sat, my old self began to say, if people saw you doing this, they would think you are crazy; or, if you do this, you would catch your death of cold. I braced myself and the kid in me, the girl that used to climb trees, shoot marbles and spin tops said  loudly, I dare you to dance in the rain...Just do it!

Without thinking, I opened the car door and ran up the pathway, skipping, turning around, laughing out loud, shivering from the cold rain drops and I danced, even attempted a cartwheel but stuck to my own gallop! I Did It! I Danced in the Rain.

What is the moral of the story? Perhaps, I really don't have one, except that maybe reading these words of this song by Lee Ann Womack would explain how and why I dared to dance:

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,

May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.-Lee Ann Womack

What can I say that I have not said in my sharing...

Take the plunge, lose yourself in adventure...I Dare Ya!

Unveiled to Be Transformed
-Keisha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mean It!

  Hello, is this thing on?🎤 Well, it has been a while since I have released a blog post. The reason is that I have not been inspired to write much of anything lately. When I tell you the season I was in, from a personal perspective was a dry season. it was a period of being off the grid and staying in the shadows. It was the season of my detox. It required me to be poured into rather than pouring out myself.  Lately, I found myself searching and in desperate need of something different. I needed more!   Now, I want to qualify my statement, by simply stating that I needed more than the norm. More for my life! My professional life, my spiritual life, and my personal life required me to seek beyond my normal. I was... no I am intentional about my next season being way different than before. I cannot get away with a mediocre outlook on life because I want more of what life has to offer.  I want to be more. I want to experience more. I am not speaking from the materialistic or influential

Unspoken Words...I Broke Down Today!!!

So how's this for a reel...real talk, real truth and real emotions... I Broke Down Today!!! Some would say, I had a meltdown while others would say I lost total control of my emotions. I would have been deemed emotional and yet I was unashamed... I baled, I balled, I cried out in desperation because of hurt, pain, mishandling and misinformation. You see days before I was walking tall, proud that I was keeping it all together. For what though, for a world that is growing colder and callous every day. Now has me wondering, do people truly care about people. The world today is not the world that I dreamt about...a world of peace, love, unity, equality, equity and family togetherness...just the sound of it seems farfetched now. But yet I still have a dream... that one day tings gonna get better...like the good Bishop says. I broke down today because family is not the same anymore, so much  division, so much strife, no unity and I am asking where is the love that once was had. I broke d

Live Free: Getting Rid of Toxic Connections

I hate to admit the obvious, but I am still learning how life, love and all things in between work. I must confess that I will forever be a life-long learner until the day I die. One thing I've recently discovered for certain is that we are responsible for what we bring into our lives. We are responsible for the types of relationships we have and the people we are associated with. I am aware of how toxic people can be and how we must truly guard our peace at all costs. The older you get, the more baggage you carry. Unfortunately, if the weight is not offloaded, it becomes heavier and heavier. You can then unload on an unwitting victim. On this blog, I've often mentioned introspection and doing the work on yourself before you can help anyone else. However, for clarity and emphasis, you must prioritize your personal development and healing. This comes with the understanding and knowledge that some people are not your assignment and you are not required to help them improve. Geesh